Posts Tagged ‘passport name change’

The Mysteries of Stonehenge

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012

There are many mysterious structures in the world, perhaps one of the most notorious is Stonehenge in Britain. It is a series of rock formations that appear to have been placed with purpose, although how they got there and why have lead to many theories. This is a very unique site and is awe-inspiring, to check out this ancient alleged sun dial take care of any necessary passport updates such as a passport name change or a passport renewal and you can venture to a time when the Druids ruled.


Passports are important documents when it comes to international travel. Without them access to a foreign country is prohibited. They act as permission to cross an international border as well as re-enter the country of origin. All US citizens must have a passport if traveling internationally. That includes infants and children. Their passports are subject to different guidelines, but child passports and infant passports are necessary. Due to technology and the internet passports are much easy to acquire than before.


Stonehenge is on of the most famous sites in the world for ancient monoliths. It is a prehistoric monumental structure that is nestled in the English county of Wiltshire. It is a site that is composed of large standing stones set within earthworks in a circular setting. It is in the center of a dense complex of both Neolithic and Bronze Age monuments in England, this even includes over hundreds of burial mounds.


Archaeologists suggest that the monolith monument was constructed anywhere between 3000B.C.E to 2000B.C.E. However, some radiocarbon dating has implied that the first stones were actually put up in 2400-2200B.C.E. Stonehenge was constructed in three different phases, with the earliest phase being the circular earth bank and ditch that surrounds the monument, this dates to about 3100B.C.E. Scientists have also estimated that the total of all three construction phases entailed more than thirty million hours of hard labor.


When it comes to the actual purpose of Stonehenge, this is where many debates and controversies arise. Some believe it is an ancient sun dial and on the solstice of every year thousands of pagans flock to Stonehenge. Archaeological evidence shows that for at least the first 500 years it was used as a burial site, as remains of cremated humans have been found in the sediment. The theories regarding Stonehenge vary from ancient human sacrificial site to astronomy related ventures; ultimately it was created by a culture that left no written records, so it is all up for interpretation.

Modern Stonehenge

Stonehenge was declared an UNESCO World Heritage site and has been protected as such. It is currently owned by the Crown of England, and the land is owned and operated by the national trust. Since its first archaeological exam in the mid-1600’s Stonehenge has gone through many restorations to make it the awe inspiring site it is today. Extensive research has also been conducted on the site which has now identified the source of some of the rocks.

Visiting Stonehenge

Although seeing the monoliths up close and personal is usually not permitted, special tickets can be purchased for up close and personal views. These tickets will provide you with your own tour guide and you will be allowed to walk within the circle. There are also special ceremonies that are conducted especially around the Solstice that allow for individuals to be within the amazing structure. Whether seen up close or not it is still an amazing view and you are a witness to ancient archaeology.

To view Stonehenge and surrounding sites make sure your passport is ready and up to date. Make sure that any passport name change updates have been taken care of and make sure you do not need a passport renewal. Once your passport is in order you can venture to Prehistoric Britain and view the mysterious Stonehenge.

Learn More About US Passport Name Change

Saturday, November 26th, 2011

The change of your name may occur in situations like marriage or if a court orders for the change. If you had acquired other legal documents like national identity cards and passports, the names will be conflicting. With such, you shall not be allowed to traverse into any country. For one to travel comfortably,it is advisable that you make the necessary arrangements for US passport name change.

Proper Paperwork

In situations where your passport was in use for a time span of not more than one year, then you should fill form DS-5504. In addition, the original document should be mailed together with the form, which must be filled out correctly. If marriage was the cause of the change, a copy of the marriage certificate should be forwarded together with the form. Finally include a currently taken colored photo of yourself.

Free Process

Remember that this process is free. However, you will be required to provide some cash in situations where you require the process to take a shorter period. Also, remember to choose a package delivery method that is convenient and confidential. Always ensure that you seal the documents securely to avoid tampering and spoilage.

DS-82 Form

For those individuals whose passport has been in use for more than one year, they will be required to fill in form DS-82. In addition, such individuals will be required to forward the form together with a fee. In this case, you will be required to present the certificate of marriage and a recent colored photo.

Forwarding Documents

You should consider using the most reliable method to forward your information. In most cases, a traceable method is the most recommended way. The address to which the documents require to be forwarded to is usually provided on the form so one does not need to worry. Moreover, there is one restriction and that is that minors cannot apply for such changes using form DS-82.

Necessary Forms

In other situations, the individual might not be in possession of either a marriage certificate or the court documents showing change of names. In such situations, the victim is required to fill in a form DS-11. In this, there is a first time fee included and a colored photo is necessary. Another requirement is that one should provide at least three public records that show your birthplace and date. In addition, they should indicate that you have been using the old name for more than five years.

Traveling Permit

Finally, remember to inquire whether you will be given back you old traveling permit. Where one has an adopted child with a passport bearing their names, inquire whether you can transfer the child’s surname to match yours. However, the child should first accept the change. Consider also learning of the steps to be followed in case your name is misspelled.

When considering US passport name change, ensure you are prepared because it is a series of steps that have to be followed for it to be successful. Consider following the tips to avoid situations that might lead to rejection of your change request. For those that require constant use of their documents,such services will ensure that no travels will be interrupted and it beats filling out a new passport application.

Passport Name Change Is Easier Than You Think

Friday, November 11th, 2011

Eventhough it has become a bit more complicated to obtain a passport than it ever has been before, having changes made to your passport does not have to be a difficult or expensive process. New safety measures at the boarders happen to be initiated over the last ten years that have somewhat complicated the passport process. These types of regulations make some people hesitant to apply for basic modifications to their passports, like a USA passport name change. These types of changes can be basic to help to make, nevertheless.

There are many ways you can start getting your name changed on your new passport or making other simple corrections. Most changes don’t cost anything and require just a shorter form and some verification documentation. The services which have fees normally do not cost over $60 and these are normally expedited services or express shipping services. Passports do not have to cost a small fortune.

Necessary Forms

Quite commonly passports arrive with printing errors like misspellings or incorrect information. It is important to get these issues fixed as soon as possible, but these changes can be made any time during the valid dates on the passport. The DS-5504 form is the form you will need to have to get these changes processed. This form can be picked up at a post office and dropped back off at one. You can also simply print it out online and mail it to the address on the form.

Reasons For Name Change

It is also quite common for people to need a passport name change for reasons other than printing mistakes. Usually an individual will get married or undergo a divorce after the passport is issued and for this reason they will need a name change. This is normally a free service, but for expedited processing a fee of $60 will be added. The DS-5504 form should be used to apply for this change if less than one year has passed since the passport was issued. It is simple to print this form from the passport website or to simply grab one when you next visit the post office.

Possible Fees

If it has been several year since your passport was issued and you need a name change, there will be a small fee for the service. Expedited service will prove to add $60 to this fee. The DS-82 form will be required for this sort of passport name change. It is possible to fill this form out in the post office and pay the fees there or you can fill out the form and mail it with the fee included.

If additional Vista pages must be added there is no fee and this can be done anytime as long as the passport is valid. If expedited service is needed, a fee will be assessed by the passport agency. This is normally a small fee of only $60.

The total cost for a passport is around $120 for the application and related fees. $60 must be added if the passport application must be rushed. If an individual cannot prove citizenship another $60 fee will be imposed for the passport agency to verify citizenship. These fees are quite low, but they can add up if you have certain circumstances that require special services.

Most changes to passports are free of charge and can also be processed quickly if needed for a small fee. Making changes to your passport does not have to cause unneeded complications. Although it has become a bit more complicated to acquire a U.S. passport name change, it is still relatively easy to make changes to one.

Learn How To Get A Passport Name Change Application

Friday, April 22nd, 2011

Learning how to get a passport name change is important if you want your passport to reflect the change in your name since your most recent passport. A name change applies when you get married (and have taken on a different surname), or your name has changed through a court order. In both instances, you will have to go through the passport office for expedited US passport due to a name change.

Name Change Options

You have two ways about getting your passport name changed if your name was changed legally (due to marriage or court order). What option is available to you is determined by the time when your latest passport was issued. Once you’ve determined that, you will need to submit the necessary documents that each option requires.

Type One

Now let’s talk about the first type of procedure. In case your passport was issued over a year ago, you are required to apply for a new one by mail. There are several requirements that will enable you to do this. The following requirements are: your current passport, two recent color photographs of yourself, the DS-82 form that you have filled in, plus the original or at least a certified copy of the legal document that proves your name change. Depending on your case, it will either be your marriage contract or the court order on your change of name. Also, you will be required to pay a certain fee for this type of procedure.

Recent Passport

Now what if your passport was issued within one year? You will have to fulfill a slightly different set of requirements in that case. These requirements are: your latest passport, two recent photos, the supporting legal documents such as the ones mentioned in the last paragraph, and the DS-5504 form for your passport name change.

Expedited Passport

In the case of passports that were issued less than a year ago, applicants are not required to pay any fee. If, however, you choose to have your application expedited, then you will have to pay an additional fee. The US Department of State recommends expedited passports for anyone who intends to leave within the next 10 weeks. Currently, it takes around two to three weeks to process an expedited passport.

Legal Document

The legal document that proves your name change is important when applying for a change in your passport name. However, in case you don’t have any of those documents, there’s an alternative way for you to apply for the change. This requires you to complete a DS-11 form, as well as submit your latest passport, two color photos, and pay the applicable fee. On top of these requirements, you will be required to provide three public records with your date and place of birth that shows you using your current name for at least the last five years.

DS-11 Form

When filing out a DS-11 form, the passport office requires you to submit this and the other supporting documents in person. And since the office might be far from where you live, it pays to ensure that you have filled in all the information and have all the documents you need before proceeding. This will save you a lot of time.

Name Change Application

So, if you want to know how to get a Passport Name Change, then we’ve covered that in this article. Just make sure you find out what your situation is before you proceed with your renew passport online application. Aside from that, be thorough in ensuring that you have all the necessary documents filled in or attached before mailing or submitting them.

Passport Applications Are Confusing But Necessary

Saturday, March 12th, 2011

Depending on the type of passport-related transaction you need to do, there will be a corresponding form you have to fill in. So whether it’s applying for a new passport, or reporting your lost or stolen passport, you can expect to fill in a passport for those. But you don’t really have to memorize them all, since they’re number-coded, and you’ll probably have to deal with only some of these forms. So if you want to learn more about us passport application forms, you’ve come to the right place. You need an application for a pass port name change. Read on.

First, there’s the DS-11. It’s the most basic type of passport application form, which is why it is understandably the most common. The reason for this is that this is the form filled in by those applying for a passport for the first time. But not only that, the DS-11 is also used by those whose latest passports were issued when they were under 16, or those whose passports were issued more than 15 years ago.

The DS-11 is the type of form you need to submit in person. This is unlike other passport forms that you can simply submit by mail. Just don’t forget to skip signing the form until you are told to so when you finally submit it at the passport office.

Not all pass port forms need to be submitted by hand. There are also passport applications you can send through the mail. If you’re going to apply for a passport using this option, then you’ll need to fill in the Form DS-82. This is the passport form used when sending your application by mail. So, if you’re after the convenience of submitting your passport by mail, then use the DS-82. Remember, though that using this may only apply to certain types of passport applications, so better check out with your local passport office first if this is the right option for you.

Should you lose your passport, or if it is stolen from you, you need to report it to the US Department of State immediately. While calling their office is an option, you should know that you can do this through the mail as well. To report your lost or stolen passport through the mail, fill in Form DS-64, which is the Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport.

However, if sending the DS-64 by mail is not an option, you can always submit it in person. You can do this if you are already planning of applying for a new passport in place of the one you lost. What you need to do is simply to pay the passport office a visit, and then submit Forms DS-64 and DS-11.

The great thing about submitting both forms at the same time is that you save yourself a lot of time when you do this. That way, you no longer have to submit one first, only to send in person the other one the next day. So if you can, submit both forms at the same time.

Keep in mind there are other US passport forms for different passport-related transactions. The ones we discussed here are by far the most commonly used by a lot of people. Now you know everything you need to know about american passport application forms.

Passport Name Changes – Why You Would Need One And How To Get One

Tuesday, November 16th, 2010

Traveling the world is something that many people never get the opportunity to do. Generally, it’s reserved for special occasions, like a holiday or even a marriage or honeymoon. Traveling abroad requires a passport, and if you are recently married or divorced and have a new name, you will need to get an expedited United States passport name change. However, this is easily done online, and because of this, the process has become so much less stressful.

A name change on your US passport is required if your name has been changed so a variety of reasons – whether it’s by choice or because of a recent marriage or divorce. This service is reserved for people over the age of 18 who have previously owned a valid United Statespassport and have recently undergone a legal name change. By addressing this problem through a reputable online passport service, you can easily streamline the process and get yourself traveling in no time. These online services can even get your updated passport expedited if your travel plans have you leaving the country any time soon.

You will need to accumulate a couple documents to send to these passport processing sites so they can confirm your identity and make sure no one is trying to steal your identity. The first document is the official Passport Name Change Application. This is rather self-explanatory. You fill it out in order to get your passport name change started. You also need your current passport. Additionally, you will need proof and documentation that you have recently undergone a legal name change process (such as a marriage license or court order), as well as two identical passport photos, and proof that you intend to travel soon.

There are a couple different scenarios for those who are looking to get their name changed on their passport for travel. The first and best scenario for a bump-free process is for if your passport has been renewed within the year and if you also have proof that your name has been legally changed. There is no fee for this, unless you decide to get your passport expedited to you. For this scenario, you only need the documents mentioned before: a name change application, photos, proof of name change and your current passport.

The second scenario is for if your passport was renewed over a year ago and you have legal proof of your name change. For this, you will undergo a similar process for the standard passport renewal service. You will need to send in your current passport, two pictures, documentation of your name change, and a U.S. passport application.

The third scenario is if you cannot legally prove your name change. This scenario also covers you if you are under the age of 16 and your passport was issued over a year ago. Once again, it requires two new photos, an application for a new passport and the applicable fees that go with it, your current passport, as well as three different public records proving that you’ve been using this name for at least five years.

Online passport processing can handle all of your passport needs, from getting you a passport for children to a passport name change. If you trust your service with them, you will see that trip planning doesn’t need to be a nightmare. And with less things to stress about, you can start to enjoy your vacation more.

Finding The Perfect Setting For Your Big Day

Monday, August 30th, 2010

Getting married is a highly personal and very exciting event. If you are looking to take your special day to the next step, consider having a destination wedding. Weddings that take place around the world are a great way to spend your big day. If you are a bride to be considering getting married in an international location, you will need to get a passport replacement and name change to accommodate your new last name.

There are many benefits to having a wedding in an international location. First, and best, of all, they are actually cheaper than weddings at home, believe it or not. If your spouse is from another country, you could consider having your wedding there or even meeting in a country that is at the halfway point. Weddings in other countries provide a backdrop unlike one you can get at home. However, if you are looking to have an intimate, home-style wedding celebration, you can always spend your honeymoon in an exotic location instead.

In order to travel to an international destination, you will need to acquire a passport, as will your guests. However, this is much easier than it used to be, as passport services have transitioned to being done online, from your very own home. An online passport office can help you handle all your passport business without all the hassle.

Many people dream of having their vows exchanged on a beach, and there are tons of beach paradises located all around the world that make for the perfect place to have a wedding. Of course the Caribbean is an incredibly romantic spot to get married with it’s powdery white beaches, crystal clear azure water, and lodgings that run from luxurious resort to small, private villa by the sea. Fiji is yet another exotic location for a wedding. Widely regarded as one of the top island paradises in the world, this location is the perfect setting for a low-key, intimate wedding celebration.

Some, however, aren’t looking to have a beachside wedding. Castles, gardens, and beautiful cathedrals are a few places where international wedding locations shine. Italy features pastures of colorful flowers, delicious food and wine, and beautiful churches and other buildings to get married in. Scotland, England, and Ireland all feature old-world castles and mansions that provide an extraordinary backdrop to a wedding. London features sites like the Dorchester Hotel, where you can have your wedding and feel like the Queen herself in the luxurious and opulent ballrooms.

Planning a wedding can be stressful, but it can be exciting too. As a major landmark in your life, you want to make sure that your setting is perfect. However, your big day isn’t all about the food, the location, or even what your dress or tux looks like. A wedding is a celebration of love, and that is the most important thing to remember. Make sure that if you are planning an international wedding that you have your passports. Also consider if this is the place where you will want to spend your honeymoon. Going to an online passport office to handle your passport name change or initial purchase can get your plans underway.

Passport Name Change: What You Need To Know

Monday, June 21st, 2010

If you have had your name legally changed, you will need to apply for a passport name change. The procedure for this will depend on several factors, including how long ago your current passport was issued. Depending on your situation, there may or may not be a fee and you may or may not be able to make your application by mail.

If your passport was issued within the last year and you have had your name legally changed due to a court order or getting married, you can have your passport reissued at no charge. You must mail your current passport, along with the application for name change and an original or certified copy of the evidence of the name change. Also included must be two photos taken within the last 6 months.

When the current passport you hold in your prior name is more than one year old, you need to use a different form. This can also be mailed in as long as you have legal proof of the change in name. In this case, there is also a fee that must be sent along with your application. The proof of the change and the photos must be sent with this form as well.

If you cannot show legal proof of your name change, you will need to go to a passport agency in person. In this case, you are applying as if for a brand new passport. You will need to show at least three types of public records that show your birth date and birthplace as well as your new name. These records must show that you have been using the name for no less than five years.

Minors who are younger than 16 must also make their passport application in person and submit all the same documentation. In addition, the parents or guardians of the child must also appear at the agency. Legal proof of the relationship of the parents or guardians to the child must also be supplied. You should check the requirements for passports for minors to be sure that you arrive with all the proper documents.

Keep in mind that it can take four to six weeks, or even up to ten, to receive your new passport. If you have a need for it sooner, it is best to request your application to be expedited. In this case, you will also need to include the additional fee for this service. This service can be requested for any passport application.

Expedited passports can still take two to three weeks to arrive. If you have an emergency that requires getting your updated passport sooner, you will need to call the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment, or contact a passport expediting service.

As with all passport applications, if you are mailing a passport name change, be sure that you package everything up securely. It is best to send it in a way that can be traced. It is also best to send in your application as soon as your name changes, rather than wait until you are actually planning a trip.

Honeymoon in France: Celebrate Your Love The French Way

Tuesday, June 8th, 2010

Seine River, Paris

Planning a honeymoon is definitely a fun part when getting married. If you are trying to figure out where you’d like to go for your honeymoon, France is great option to consider. If you are a hopeless romantic or if you foster a loving relationship with nature, France can fill your honeymoon with the sort of memories that are never forgotten. While this may or may not be something you would be excited about, you will also need to get a passport name change. There are tons of easy ways to do this, as passport renewal has made huge strides in convenience.

France is simply beautiful. Artists from every age and every corner of the world have been inspired by the pastoral scenes and breathtaking landscapes than fill France. No matter where in France you decide to go, you won’t be far from rolling hills or grassy plains. Luxembourg Gardens, located right next to Luxembourg Castle, is a beautiful garden full of life in every color.

It’s hard to talk about France without mentioning Paris, the city of love. There are tons of opportunities for new couple to stretch their legs as  newlyweds, and with all sorts of romantic activities for couples. Probably the first thing you should do is take your new partner to a bridge overlooking the Seine River. This is a world famous kissing spot, and what better way to symbolize your new marriage than with a kiss that could only happen in France?

Paris is famous for its sidewalk cafes, which feature world-renowned wine and food, as well as a genuinely romantic atmosphere. Pretty little boutiques and local hot spots make walking the streets of Paris its very own sort of adventure. Traveling internationally really shows you just how big and diverse the world is. Make sure you have all the necessary paperwork and immunizations you will need in order to travel overseas. This can include passports, visas, and other documents. Downloading a passport application form online is an easy way to get or renew a passport without having to physically go somewhere.

Exploring some of historical France is a romantic way to take a step back in time. Authentic Medieval castles dot the landscape and provide an interesting way to see France for yourself. Share a smooch atop the Eiffel Tower and get a bird’s eye view of the city of love. Or, if you prefer to see the city from another angle, visit the Arc de Triomphe or Notre Dame.

Now that you’re on your way to becoming a newlywed, you get to spend hours upon hours planning every single detail of your wedding. However, make sure you designate enough time to plan your honeymoon as well, as it is a very personal celebration of love that you get to share with your new spouse. Don’t forget your new name as well! If you are a new bride, you will need to update your passport with a passport name change. Or, if  you don’t have a passport at all, there are passport application forms from reputable websites that make renewing easy.

The Many Steps in Passport Name Change

Tuesday, June 1st, 2010

In order to travel beyond the borders of our country, every citizen from an infant on up to a full grown adult must acquire a passport. There are many steps to this process. Once a passport is received, at some point, it may be necessary to change a person’s name for a plethora of different reasons. Passport name change has many steps of its own that need to be followed.

Who you are and the reasons why someone has changed their name are important factors that play into getting a name change for a passport. For instance, someone who changes their name because of marriage will have a different path than a person who has a court order. The date at which a previous passport was issued also has affects in the process.

In cases of marriage or legal name change within a year of the date a passport was issued, changing the name on a passport can be done through the mail. Someone trying to change their name needs to send the government their old valid passport and a completed DS-5504 form with name change application. Documentation, like a marriage license or court order proving the name change, must also be produced.

However, if a passport was issued over a year before needing the change, new guidelines need to be followed. This can also be completed through the mail by sending the current passport and a completed DS-82 form.. Proof of the legal name change, due to marriage or court order, and two recent pictures that meet standards set by the government must be submitted. A fee will also be charged to the party.

For people who cannot produce legal documents a new set of rules and regulations apply. When documents are not present, a person must go to the agency in person. They will need to bring along their current passport with the old name and prove to officials that this was their former identity. Once in this office they will be asked to complete a DS-11 form and will have to pay for the new passport.

To prove identity in cases when no legal documentation of the name change exists, the government will require other items to document the name change. The officials at the agency will need to be provided with 3 public records with the new or assumed name. This name change must be in place for at least five years. Two recent photographs must be provided or taken while at this office.

Parents or guardians who need to change the name of a child’s passport, several rules must be followed. Both parents and the child must appear at the passport agency. A birth certificate with both parents names on it or adoption decree must be provided. Along with a DS-11 form, parents must supply their own legal documents to prove a relationship exists between children and guardian.

There are many twists and turns and special caveats that go into a successful passport name change. Each situation requires different legal documentation and fees appropriated for processing documents. All procedures center on proving identity to the government. With the proper documentation, passport name changes can occur quickly through the mail. Without documents, it becomes much harder.